Below are some of the questions asked most frequently by our customers. If you have a question that is not covered here, please contact us.
You have a whole two weeks after Christmas in which to return your gift. You are then able to exchange it or in some cases we can even alter the size. Just give the 'Countess of Contentment' a call on 01460 221006 and she will do her best to help you.
Of course, telephone us on 01460 221006 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our products come with a one year guarantee, if it breaks we can repair it for you. Nothing lasts forever though and if it simply wears out it’s probably time to treat yourself to something new.
80% of our bracelets and necklaces we are able to either make shorter or longer depending upon your preference, this can usually be done in one of our shops or at Hiho HQ, just give us a call or drop us an email and we can advise on what can be done next.
All of our jewellery comes wrapped in acid free tissue paper and either a silk lined gift bag or in a presentation box, depending on the item that has been purchased. We also offer a gift wrapping service, for just £2.95 and we'll beautifully wrap your purchase in our specially designed wrapping, this can be selected when ordering your Jewellery from us.
We have a large turnover of stock at our shows with a lot of pieces being one offs BUT if you give us a good description or maybe even a little doodle we’ll do our best to track it down for you.
Simple! Everything silver is made from Sterling Silver 925. This means it has a minimum of 92.5% silver with the other 7.5% being alloys to increase its durability. We now also have a range of Jewellery in Gold Plate and Solid Gold, but all the pieces are marked clearly to make it easy for you to know what you are purchasing.
No, there are certain designs that are our bestsellers and we try to keep these stocked in our shops but they also carry items that are one offs or from a very limited range meaning you can buy jewellery that no one else is ever going to have.
We send our jewellery in padded envelopes made from recycled material via the good old Royal Mail. Everything needs to be signed for so if you’re planning on being out, then have it sent somewhere else otherwise the poor old Postie has to carry it back to the depot with him. We will send you a tracking number when your order has been posted out, so that you can keep an eye on its progress.
To clean silver we use a silver polishing cloth for regular shining, it’s easy and gives great results as it doesn’t leave any residue. If you’ve been rolling in the mud however we’d recommend a quick rinse in soapy water and then Silver Dip if further action is still needed. Some stones however, turquoise and Lapiz Lazuli in particular, are porous so need to be kept away from any moisture.
90% of our pieces we can repair, simply pop it back to us at the office with your name, address and a contact number and we shall have a look and see what we can do and advise you on prices and what we can do for your piece. If you live near one of our stores, pop in with the broken piece and the staff will have a look and advise you on what they can do.
Most things come from a small town in the mountains of Mexico and also Thailand and India, where we work closely with some special artisans that we know really well and have built up good relations and trust with over the years, but we’re always on the look out for fresh ideas. Many of our designs originate from here in our Somerset office, we often sit around the table and out come the ideas and our scribbles and then these get sent off to our artisans and they work there magic and turn them into something special.
Possibly not, that’s just not the way we work, however if you’ve got your heart set on that one we can see if we can find you one on our next buying trip, sending us a picture of the piece can be a good place to start.
You have 14 days to return goods as long as it's in its original packaging and in a saleable condition, preferably with proof of purchase, you can take it into one of our shops or pop it back in the post to us at:
Hiho Customer Service, PO Box 124, Chard, TA20 9BT.
Remember to get a proof of posting stamped at the post office and we recommend using recorded delivery so the item is trackable.
We take all complaints very seriously, we are still learning and feedback helps us to get better at what we do. If you have something to say tell us at email@example.com and be assured all serious complaints go straight to the managing director and you will receive a rapid response.
The whole of the Hiho team are always scribbling down ideas for new designs which make up a great deal of our range, the rest of the products we source directly from designers in Mexico and India.
Absolutely, we use many different stones some of which we don’t know the name of but we love the way they look, the pearls we use are cultured but they are real, different colours are achieved by introducing different chemicals to the pearls as they grow. Some stones do need more looking after than others and can fade in time through exposure to sunlight or moisture.
Our two tone items have always been really popular with gold lovers, and was developed following a request from a customer who just loved our silver snaffle bracelets, but wanted a gold and silver version and as you know, we always aim to please our customers. We set out to achieve a two tone look without the risk of the plate rubbing off, so our two tone is an alloy of Gold and Copper called Tumbaga, rather than gold plate as it is much harder wearing and will last forever. Everything we sell is solid sterling silver, the two tone colour is achieved by plating silver with brass, giving a fabulous gold-like finish. All silver needs to be worn and loved, and our two tone jewellery is no exception, store separately in a plastic bag (as this reduces the oxidisation that causes tarnish) and to remove any tarnish that builds up, just a rub with a silver cleaning cloth and it will be back to its glorious glow.
We do offer an engraving service, only some of our products can be engraved and you can find these in our Engravable collection and it will give you the option on the product to do this, it takes up to 5 days to be engraved as we have to send it off.
Order before 4pm and we’ll endeavour to dispatch the same day, you should receive orders within 48 hours, sometimes a little longer at peak times. We do have a next day delivery option, order before 4pm Monday to Friday and Royal Mail will get it to you the following day, just remember to be in to sign for it as they do need a signature.
When you shop with us we use Global Payments or Paypal for all card payments, you can be assured that your card details are securely encrypted during transport over the Internet so no one can access your card information. The card details are only transported to a Bank to authorise your purchase.
Items can be returned free of charge at any of our shops or returned to us directly in the post for a small charge (remember to get a proof of posting).
Jewellery orders over £50.00 are Free Delivery (UK Mainland Only)
Jewellery orders under £50.00 are £2.95 (UK mainland only)
Overseas delivery ranges from £10.00 to £15.00 depending on where you are sending it too.
Next Day Delivery is £6.00 (UK mainland only)
All orders have to be signed for and whilst in the hands of Royal Mail are covered by insurance. If your order has not arrived within 3 days, then please contact Royal Mail first of all, who will be able to advise where it is. You can do this by taking your tracking number and trackind the order on the Royal Mail website, if they can't locate it let us know and we shall look into this for you.
If your order hasn’t been dispatched yet there’s no problem, if it’s now in the hands of our local postman you can return it to us for a full refund.
The jewellery is mainly made in Mexico, Thailand and India and the main component used is sterling silver. Sterling silver means that it is 92.5% silver with 7.5% other metals. These other metals are added to the silver to increase its durability as silver is a very soft metal. No nickel is used in this process. By law, in this country, we are not allowed to describe something as sterling silver unless it is stamped with a British hallmark. All of our silver is “sterling” quality. This means that each piece is a minimum of 92.5% pure silver. The other 7.5% is other colourless metals, added to the silver to make it harder. Pure silver is comparatively soft and these other metals added, base metals, make silver more durable.
Our silver does not contain nickel. The hallmark itself is made up of different elements, some that have to be there and others that are optional. Our pieces are normally stamped (or lazered) with 3 elements:
Our company hallmark Hiho is in a hexagonal box and 925 in an oval. This indicates that it is sterling silver and imported. There will also be an Anchor or other symbol indicating the place of assay.
We try and ensure this hallmark is in the same place on as many items as possible so it’s easier for you to find! This should be on the 'O' ring or near the clasp/T- bar end. The simple mark of 925 on its own is a stamp applied in the country of origin and should not be confused with the British hallmark. When a metal of a lower value than silver is used in the production of our jewellery then the piece is no longer eligible for hallmarking and the only items that are exempt are those which are under the legal weight threshold and in silver this is 7.78 grams.
For further information on hallmarking please take a look at the link: http://www.edinburghassayoffice.co.uk/downloads/Dealers_Notice_Edinburgh.pdf
Of course, with the exception of earrings for hygiene reasons, all our jewellery is returnable should you change your mind or realise that your granny doesn’t wear cufflinks!